State approves mask variance for Natrona County School District
CASPER, Wyo. (Wyoming News Now) - Natrona County School District put out a release saying starting May 14 students, staff and visitors have the choice to wear masks in schools. Masks must be worn on busses to comply with the federal order and will be required around the nursing station.
The release says the following about possible concerns people might have:
- Isolation and Quarantine requirements as identified by the local and state health officers will apply in cases of known positive COVID-19 impacts within a school environment.
- If students/staff are visiting another school, agency, or event outside of the district as part of NCSD operations (field trips, athletic or activity events, etc.) where masks are REQUIRED, they will be expected to follow the guidelines in place by that hosting agency or school district.
- Bullying, intimidation, shaming, or harassment of any kind by any individual regarding a person’s choice to wear or not wear a face covering will NOT be tolerated. Please contact your child’s school, or your direct supervisor, to report such behavior.
- Face Coverings MUST continue to be worn on public transportation, this includes all NCSD Transportation services - specifically, school buses/vehicles. This is a federal order and NCSD is required to follow this order.
- Each school will continue to have a masking requirement in and around a designated Nursing station.
Natrona County School District will continue to update our COVID-19 Reporting Dashboard on Friday of each week for the remainder of the academic year.
We will continue to work in direct collaboration with the Casper-Natrona County Health Department and our community in response to COVID-19. We appreciate your partnership and support as we work together to provide a high-quality learning environment for all students while maintaining our commitment to the safety and health of all students, staff, and the community.
Copyright 2021 Wyoming News Now. All rights reserved.