CNFR announces theme nights for 2023 rodeo performances
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (PRESS RELEASE) - The College National Finals Rodeo is quickly approaching and theme nights make it easy for locals and visitors alike to enjoy the biggest college rodeo in the country.
“Theme nights are one of the elements of CNFR that attendees look forward to every year,” said Kendra Ziler, district marketing director for the Ford Wyoming Center. “They’re a great way for people to get involved, have fun and highlight important happenings throughout the week.”
Theme nights for 2023 include annual staple events, as well as the addition of a new event – Rodeo Red Carpet. Taking place Friday and Saturday nights, Rodeo Red Carpet will feature a red carpet outside the main entrance at the Ford Wyoming Center with photo opportunities and more.
Theme nights for CNFR include:
- Sunday, June 11: Family Day, with mutton busting between the two performances (participants can register at the Ford Wyoming Center)
- Tuesday, June 13: Casper Night – all tickets are $10 and the first 500 attendees get a rally towel
- Wednesday, June 1: America Night – wear red, white and blue
- Thursday, June 15: Ribbons at the Rodeo for Cancer Awareness
- Friday, June 16 + Saturday, June 17: Rodeo Red Carpet – get decked out in your best western attire and walk the red carpet
Additional festivities during CNFR include the Cinch Style Show at the Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center on Saturday, June 17 at 11:30 a.m., and Special Olympics Rodeo at Ford Wyoming Center on Saturday, June 17 at 9 a.m.
This year’s CNFR takes place June 11-17 when 400 of the best college cowgirls and cowboys from all around the country come to the Ford Wyoming Center. This family-friendly activity allows spectators to watch athletes compete in a variety of events including saddle bronc riding, bareback riding, bull riding, tie-down roping, steer wrestling, team roping, barrel racing, breakaway roping and goat tying.
In addition to nightly performances, a tradeshow with vendors from across the country takes place at the Ford Wyoming Center. Doors for the tradeshow open nightly at 5:30 p.m.
Tickets for CNFR are available online at FordWyomingCenter.com, in-person at the box office at the Ford Wyoming Center or by calling 800-442-2256.
Copyright 2023 KGWN. All rights reserved.